Monday, July 12, 2010

Using Video to Engage Conversation

I'll be honest with you. With three kids under the age of 7, I rarely get to see a movie that isn't either animated or rated G. Actually, most of the movies that I see outside of those two categories are when I'm on church trips. I've had some luck with finding good resources online for creating good movie discussion questions, but I bet there are more resources that I don't know about. Here's a couple I have used:

ELCA Youth Ministry Movie Discussion Index (Freat for jump start discussion questions. Even if I alter the questions provided, they give me a starting point.)

Rob Bell's NOOMA Videos (You have to buy these, but I think they are fabulous. I've used them with middle school kids through adults in their forties.)

What do you recommend?


1 comment:

  1. Emily likes using Rob Bell's stuff too. So I would give that one the thumbs up.

    ReplyDelete